Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What is going on with her?

Some of you have asked about the connection between my writing and the intro to the blog. Well, here is the answer. I am currently All But Dissertation (ABD) in my Educational Doctorate (EdD) Program at Valdosta State University (VSU) , Valdosta, GA. See, education does have a lot of acronyms! During this time I am working part-time and virtually as a Graduate Assistant for the Research Department of VSU and Dr. Archibad, as well as working with my company, eduGrowth - A Professional Development Company, which I created, along with my business partner, Jim Hasty, about a year and a half ago. Additionally, I am researching my dissertation topic of Effective Rural Schools. So, as you read this blog, I hope you have some idea of what my weeks are like and how much I truly enjoy education. As I get further into the dissertation writing, I will be adding more and more research about schools and teachers and how they deal with rurality, poverty, test scores, etc. In the meantime, my posts will be about people and things that I feel are important in education and even more so in everyday life. Many thanks to you all for reading the blog and suggesting it to others. Your support is so appreciated. My goal for writing it is two fold, one to keep me sane during the writing process while reminding us all of why teaching is so important, and two, reminding us all why we should take the time to build relationships each day! A favorite quote from the movie Bucket List - "Has your life brought joy to you?" and "Has your life brought joy to others?"

No comments:

Post a Comment